Hope everyone’s having a great weekend! Here’s a compilation of interesting articles from around the interwebz this past week…
- Testimonial: Paleo Remission Of Severe RA
- This testimonial from someone who suffered from PCOS: A Family Affair: Mother, Father and Sisters Go Primal and Reap Benefits
- Sleep is so important for us to function properly. I know it can be hard when we’re under deadline, but if you can prioritize sleep it will pay off in dividends. New studies are coming out almost weekly on how important it is for our brain health, and as writers, we want a healthy brain, no? Sunday’s New York Times Op-Ed had this piece about a new study that shows the brain uses sleep to clear out toxins and by-products it accumulated during the day when we wielded the brain. As writers, we wield it a lot! So we need to flush it! In fact, I heard someone say recently (and I can’t remember where or I’d give credit) that when we sleep it’s like our brain becomes a dishwasher, cleaning out all the gunk. See: Goodnight. Sleep Clean.
- 7 WAYS TO DETOX NATURALLY
- How Coconut Oil Can Help You Lose Weight
- For those that like to geek out on the science like I do, Robb Wolf talks about the AMY1 gene in Understanding Genetic Differences In Carb Metabolism
- One of the key tenants to the lifestyle is avoiding ‘chronic cardio’ workouts, as it elevates your stress hormones. Are you constantly doing intense cardio workouts and can’t lose that last bit of weight? This might be why. The Evidence Continues To Mount Against Chronic Cardio
- The #1 Thing to Ditch From Your Diet Right Now, you might be surprised what it is!
- Most likely you’re deficient in magnesium. Read Six Amazing Health Benefits Of Magnesium
- I LOVE avocados! I probably eat about 1 a day and they’re soooo good for you. And the joy of scooping out fresh avocado? Love it. Here’s 15 Things You Didn’t Know About Avocados
- The Soy Decoy: Why Soy is Not a Health Food
- 21 Ways to Reduce Plastic Use in Your Home. I’m slowly getting switched over, how about you?
- Paleo On A Budget: Myths, Truths and Practical Advice
- Organic, Cage-Free, Free-Range or Pastured… Sorting Through the Confusion on Egg Labels which also has a link to this scorecard of name brand ‘organic’ eggs–you might be surprised which brands scored lowest (not much better than factory farmed)
Did you find an article you found interesting this week? Please share!